Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big news for the Worthington's




So this is it!  I decided to start a blog.  I am terrible at writing so bear with me.  Jade and I are expecting our second baby April 2013!  We are beyond excited.  As many of you know it took us a long time to conceive London (18months).  I thought we were on the same road with baby #2 when I got some discouraging news about my progesterone levels.  
This is how the story of baby #2 began; I went in on July 27th to get my levels checked, they were checking to see if I ovulated.  My numbers came back 1.67 to ovulate according to the "RANGE" I didn't.  You need to be at least an 8-10.  So I got off the phone with one of the nurses and started to cry.  I just sat and cried and felt sorry for myself.  Asking "What is wrong with me? Why can't I just get pregnant like everyone else?"  37 days went by and still no period. Most people would already assume they were pregnant, well not me because I am so irregular I have gone 69 days without one before and wasn't pregnant.  My Doctor called in a prescription for me called provera it induces you to have a period.  She said to wait until day 40 before taking it and that she also wanted me to take a pregnancy test just to be safe before.  It was only day 37, but I was going to pick up that prescription early because we were going camping that week and I didn't want to forget it.  I went to the bathroom before getting ready with London of course in there "reading" me a story.  I opened a test and already told myself it was going to be negative.  I was so SURE.  To my surprise *PREGNANT*flashing before my eyes!!!  I couldn't believe it.  Getting a little teary eyed again just thinking about how I felt in that moment.  I picked London up and said your going to be A BIG SISTER <3 She didn't understand, but I was so excited.  
Jade was fishing so he had no service which was a good thing.  Last time when I was pregnant I sent a text message picture of the pregnancy test that said pregnant.  I wanted to do something different this time.  I told all my family and three of my closest friends before Jade even knew.  I had to tell someone :)  I drove to three different stores looking for a shirt that said *BIG SISTER* Of course when your actually looking for something you can never find it.  I found one that was long sleeve and went to my friend Natalie's.  I kept calling Jade asking when he was gonna come over to swim.  He finally showed up at 2:30pm.  I wasn't going to say anything and just see if he noticed.  Like any typical guy he didn't, so I had to say "Do you like London's new shirt?" He still didn't get it.  I said "do you see what it says?' He kept reading over and over again "Big Sister, Big, Sister."   "Yes, London is going to be a big sister" I said.  I am PREGNANT!  He was in shock and was so excited!  I think this is long enough for my first blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment